Subscribe and you will get the spreadsheet that produces the direction and the buy & sell triggers for the stocks you choose.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

PRE EARNINGS REPORT : 50:50 GAMBLE?

3rd Delta Algorithm signaled LONG on BBRY on 12.17 in the afternoon after it signaled SHORT in the morning. I closed the SHORT position that I opened in the morning and then went long in the afternoon. As of today close, 12.18, it is about 6% up after losing about 2% in the morning.

The problem I face is now, as long as there is no SHORT signal, or for my position, SELL signal, I will have to hold my LONG position. 

12.19 morning, there is an earnings report for BBRY before the market opens. 

Because of the possibility of the gap opening, it is alittle risky to hold it before earnings reports. It prevents me from following one of the rules, which is to cut the losses at a certain point no matter what. It can open possibly outside of the sell point, and probably more likely following the earnings report. 

Don't get me wrong. I will sell it even if it is outside the sell point. A trigger is a trigger. 

It is just scary. 

That's what I said on 12.9 post. It would be easier if I didn't have any paper profit on this position. However, since I do, our tendency to "seize the opportunity" kicks in and makes me want to close the position. 

I have to either follow 100% of the rules otherwise it doesn't work. 

I paid a high tuition to learn that.  



No comments:

Post a Comment